This beautiful Templar sword features a hardened spring steel blade which was tempered to a Rockwell hardness of approx. 48-50 HRC and bears the engraved inscription MILITARIS TEMPLI on one side and three crosses pattée on the other side. It is full-tanged and riveted to the pommel. The distinctive broad fuller extends almost to the blade´s point, which not only makes for high flexibility, but also reduces the one-handed knightly sword´s weight.
The cross guard is forged out of steel and the leather-wrapped wooden grip is capped with a flat, disc-shaped steel pommel (or wheel pommel) engraved on both sides with a Templar cross motif. The gorgeous scabbard with wooden core is covered in leather and comes complete with a carrying belt wound around it.
The blade´s blunt, 2 mm thick edges and rounded tip make this arming sword ideal for combat reenactment, stage fighting or sparring.
- Battle-ready Sword Category : SK-B
- Learn more about our classification for blunt practical swords
- Blade material: spring steel, tempered
- Rockwell hardness: approx. 48-50 HRC
- Handle material: leather-wrapped wood
- Overall length: approx. 109 cm
- Blade length: approx. 89 cm
- Blade width at guard: approx. 5 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 2 mm, slightly rounded
- Weight: approx. 1.3 kg (approx. 1.8 kg with sheath)
- Leather-covered scabbard with belt